This morning I loaded up my two boys into the double running stroller, locked the front wheel put on Pandora and took all three of us for a run. Yes, that’s 60 pounds of kids, plus the double stroller. I was determined. With the two boys protesting at first, I played Pandora from my phone. With songs like Old MacDonald and the ABC’s, the playlist got me thinking about little daily realities that make life as a mommy funny to say the least.
So, here ya go. You know you’re a mommy when:
- Your running playlist includes a song like Old MacDonald
- Dinosaur bites and quesadillas become health food
- You open endless packages of treats to survive grocery shopping
- You justify not showering, because you don’t have the time. After all doesn’t naturally shiny hair rock?
- Dance parties include the Hokey Pokey
- A night out is an event
- You’ll dress in superhero costumes to make your little one happy
And last but not least, you wouldn’t change any of the above for the world.