Take a trip to the Oakland Zoo! In addition to wildlife, the Zoo has a darling little amusement park. With both it’s easy to give them a fabulous experience.
- The animals. From elephants to bats, there are tons of creatures for kids to get see.
- Playgrounds & Amusement Park – My boys enjoyed the playgrounds inside the zoo best. With a spider web for budding superheroes, tunnels, and even lily pads, it is a great place for young explorers. In addition, the amusement park boasting vintage rides is especially kid friendly.
- ZooKids Program – Want to go on a weekend? Try their ZooKids program geared for children age 4-5. ZooKids classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30am – 12:00pm and are offered twice per month. The program includes a mini zoo tour, craft, games, animal close-ups, and a snack. For details check here: http://www.oaklandzoo.org/ZooKids_Program.php
- For PreK kids, then let them try one of the camps. Summer ZooCamp, Thanksgiving Break ZooCamp, Winter ZooCamp, and Spring Break ZooCamp. Children get to tour the Zoo each day, sing silly songs, make crafts, see animals upclose, meet zookeepers, and do hands-on science activities.
- Live in the Oakland area, well, then Oakland’s Zoo travels! Bring it to your home for a special event or party. For areas, check out – http://www.oaklandzoo.org/ZooMobile.php