The other day after all the Christmas decorations were tucked away in the garage, I was admiring how clutter free my mantel had become. Amidst my moment of admiration, I noticed a new item – prominently displayed; a country treasure. My son found it while we were enjoying a nature walk with some friends. Who knew we would find a bone from some creature. And, who knew it would end up next to the pewter candlesticks that my late grandmother gave me as an engagement present.
How things change.
I don’t know about you, but I have been shocked at how quickly 2013 went. It flew by. With the start of 2014, I find myself noticing reminders of all the humorous aspects of mommying two boys. Those little reality checks. Like the bone on the mantel, these reminders make me laugh.
So here ya go, you know you’re a mom when:
- You look forward to running around playing [favorite game];
- This play can last all day;
- You find yourself at a loss after your child asks you for the millionth time why they shouldn’t dig for treasure (in their nose) in public;
- Tellers, grocery clerks and even the friendly mail lady use the words adorable and terrorizing to describe your child(ren);
- A room or your whole house displays amazing abstract art of all shapes, sizes, and materials;
- You sit and admire a bone prominently displayed on your mantel; and
- You wouldn’t change any of it for the world.